|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
Paleozoic Trail RunsSilurian Spring II
Ninth Annual Spring Season Paleozoic 50-Km and 25-Km
Trail Runs on the Palos Trail System!
Wednesday March 10th - 9:00 am CDT
For each participant... 'Race Day' assignments are available by clicking "Who's Registered" buttons under the "Registration" tab.
With regard for the health and safety of our shared running community... we'll have basic personal protective equipment (PPE) on hand such as hand sanitizer, protective exam gloves, disinfecting wipes. We encourage participants to bring along their own PPE and facial coverings. All in attendance will be subject to no-touch temperature screening at check-in, and everyone will be required to practice 6-feet social distancing, and wear facial coverings (while not running).
Sunday March 7th - 1:00 pm CST
The Forest Preserve District of Cook County will be conducting Deer Management in Region 6 through the end of March 2021. During this program vehicular access is restricted to the parking lots of Bullfrog Lake and Maple Lake only. As such the permiting office has requested that we relocate our Start / Finish area to the parking lot of Bullfrog Lake. Please see our adjusted / updated racecourse map below. The number of laps for each event distance remains six laps for 50-Km, and three laps for 25-Km.
Monday January 25th - 10:00 am CST
With respect to the continuing Coronavirus / COVID-19 pandemic our permit allows a maximum of 50 participants per day. We've met capacity for Friday, Saturday and Sunday racing. At this point we've suspended further general-public runner registration. It's possible that some runners may opt out of racing, which could open spots for others. If you'd like a chance to participate in this version of Paleozoic Trail Runs please sign up on our wait list. There is no charge to register for our Paleozoic Wait List. Wait listers will be notified once they're eligible for race participation, and it will be their responsibility to fully register for their event distance and make payment to complete their race registration.
Watch this space for registration updates!
Thursday December 3rd - 12:00 pm Noon CST
Yes, there will be a Paleozoic Trail Runs in the spring of 2021, but with precautionary measures to ensure safety for all runners, volunteers, spectators, and officials.
Let's meet on the trails, have a fun race, and be safe at this version of Paleozoic Trail Runs!
- With respect to the ongoing Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic this season's Paleozoic Trail Runs - Silurian Spring II will be conducted under the guidelines of Restore Illinois Phase 4, as required by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County.
- Our permit allows a maximum capacity of 50 participants per day.
- All in attendance will be subject to no-touch temperature screening.
- All in attendance will be required to practice 6-feet social distancing, and wear facial coverings (while not running).
- We'll have basic personal protective equipment (PPE) on hand such as hand sanitizer, protective exam gloves, disinfecting wipes. We encourage participants to bring along their own PPE and facial coverings.
- There will be no runner self-service at aid stations. Volunteers wearing facial masks and gloves will assist runners with hydration, nutrition, and aid.
Journey back in time to this rollicking run along forested, unpaved paths of our Palos / Sag Valley Trail Systems within the Cook County Forest Preserve - Regions 6 / 7. We've charted a stimulating course that's sure to satisfy your primordial instinct to "go long." Are you up to the challenge? Choose your distance wisely... take your training seriously... then come race day, it's "finish or fossilize!"
Please join us for our ninth annual spring version of Paleozoic Trail Runs - Silurian Spring II, Friday - Saturday - Sunday, March 19 - 20 - 21, 2021. For your adventure we will provide:
General public registration is set to open at 6:00 am on Saturday December 5th, 2020 here on our RunRace Network!
- Your choice of event distance... 50 kilometers or 25 kilometers.
- Space for 150 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 150 registrants, which is a total combined count of participants from both events. It's possible that we'll meet capacity, so don't wait too long before committing (hint : ).
- An accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with a well-stocked aid station / checkpoint occurring each lap at 5.2-mile intervals.
- Chip timing & scoring with RunRace Webcasting and near realtime Results for all runners.
- Paleozoic Trail Runs Finisher Medals with colorful Lanyards for all participants... that is, those who "did not fossilize."
- Special Customized Crystal awards to Top Overall and Top Masters runners for both sexes in each event.
- Age Group "Made the Podium" pint glass awards to top finishers in 10-year divisions for both sexes in each event.
- Way-to-go "My First Ultra" pint glass awards for first-time ultra finishers (50-Km participants).
- Well-earned "Five-Time Finisher" zipper-draw-string shoe bag for 5-time finishers of Paleozoic Trail Runs.
- Extremly well-earned "Ten-Time Finisher" pint glass awards for 10-time finishers of Paleozoic Trail Runs.
- Our racecourse is pre-approved by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County (permit pending).
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Silurian Spring II will take place entirely within the Palos Trail System, Region 6 of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, which is located approximately 22 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. Wolf Road Woods, Grove #2 serves as race start / finish area and our primary aid station.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Silurian Spring II, Start / Finish area:
Wolf Road Woods, Grove #2
Palos Trail System
Willow Springs, IL 60480
GPS: 41.704348, -87.897167
Paleozoic Trail Runs - 2021 Spring Racecourse Map
A variety of surfaces make up this Paleozoic racecourse. Rugged single-track dirt trails with rocks and roots comprise approximately 50% of each lap. Along the way you'll encounter a mix of wider crushed gravel paths, occasional cross-country-style grass segments, and even stretches of eroding asphalt. Compared to others in greater Chicagoland, this course should be considered as "quite hilly and rugged." Trail shoes are recommended, but not necessary especially if conditions are dry leading up to race day.
Weather forecast: National Weather Service
Paleozoic Trail Runs will be sanctioned by USA Track & Field. You may visit the USATF
website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||December 3rd, 2020 12:37 pm|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Paleo-Silur Wait List||2.00||Months||Mar 19th, 2021||8:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Silur 50-Km||50.00||Kilometers||Mar 19th, 2021||8:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Silur 25-Km||25.00||Kilometers||Mar 19th, 2021||9:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Silur Volunteer||9.00||Hours||Mar 19th, 2021||7:30 am|
|Name of Race Director||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Bill Thomemail@example.com||312 316-4698 (cell)|