|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
Chicago Full Moon Run
Ninth Annual 5-Km and 1-Mile Charity Race Under the Full Moon!
Tuesday June 30th - 11:30 am CDT
We're proceeding with caution...
Yes, there will be a Chicago Full Moon Run this summer of 2020!
But, major changes with precautionary measures will be implemented to ensure safety for all runners, volunteers, spectators, and officials of this year's race.
- New Location: Bunker Hill Forest Preserve will serve as this summer's race location. We'll be racing cross-country style on a 5-kilometer grass loop that scenically winds the tree-lined groves of Bunker Hill and Caldwell Woods.
- New Capacities: Based upon Restore Illinois Phase 4 the Forest Preserve District of Cook County (FPDCC) limits events to 50 participants. As such we have applied for a two-day permit for racing on Tuesday and Wednesday, August 4th - 5th. This allows for the registration of 100 runners, which we've set as our maximum capacity. Based upon response we may consider spilling over to a wait-list and requesting a third day of racing, Thursday August 6th.
- New Attendance Rules: All in attendance will be required to wear facial masks (while not running), and observe 6-feet social distancing practices.
- New Timing / Scoring: We'll be establishing wave starts, allowing runners ample space to run at a time that best serves their schedule. Runners will be required to cross timing stations at the start and finish of their race. Over the multi-days of racing finishing times will be compiled to determine overall, age-group, and team placing.
- Subject to Change: We're determined to hold Chicago Full Moon Run this summer but are bound by conditions of the Coronavirus pandemic and permitting restrictions of the FPDCC. In the unlikely case that this year's race cannot be held we will offer a virtual option to all runners. However, we will not offer refunds as all proceeds of Chicago Full Moon Run are donated to our charitable beneficiary, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society - Greater Illinois.
2020 Chicago Full Moon Run
Weather forecast: National Weather Service
Tuesday June 30th - 11:30 am CDT
The following information is for historic reference only...
Please keep in mind that many race details will be different for this summer's 2020 Chicago Full Moon Run!
Welcome to our unique road race and charity fundraiser, with all proceeds to benefit the battle against Multiple Sclerosis. It's our ninth year, and once again we'll be taking to the streets of Norwood Park, basking in the glow of a Chicago Full Moon!
Yep... we'll be racing in the streets under the full moon out among the cicadas, crickets, and other creatures of the night. How fast can you run under this year's Full Buck Moon?
Immediately following the race... please join us at Mo Dailey's Pub & Grille (located across the RR tracks, 6070 N. Northwest Highway) for refreshments and Full Moon Run awards!
Our racecourse has been described as "fast," and "the most neighborhood-friendly in the city." Race time is just before sunset and the entire course will be illuminated by ambient light and impending full moon. Feel free to bring a head lamp, although you won't necessarily need one.
Our Chicago Full Moon 5-Km featured event will present awards, three-deep, custom trophies to Top Overall performances!
- 1st Place - Top Overall Male and Female
- 2nd Place - Overall Male and Female
- 3rd Place - Overall Male and Female
- 1st Place - Top Masters Male and Female
- 2nd Place - Masters Male and Female
- 3rd Place - Masters Male and FemaleMasters: defined as runners of age 40 and above.
In addition, our Chicago Full Moon 5-Km featured event will present awards, three-deep, gold, silver, and bronze medals to fastest Age Group finishers!
- 0 - 12 Male and Female
- 13 - 19 Male and Female
- 20 - 29 Male and Female
- 30 - 39 Male and Female
- 40 - 49 Male and Female
- 50 - 59 Male and Female
- 60 - 69 Male and Female
- 50 - 59 Male and Female
- 70 - 79 Male and Female
- 80 - Up Male and Female
Pre-registration is online only. Click the "Registration" tab above to submit your registration. We encourage you to save money and register early. Race day registration is available from 6:15 pm - 7:15 pm (cash or check only: $30 for 5-Km, $25 for 1-Mile... no guarantee on shirt availability).
Participant check in, and packet pick up will take place from 6:15 pm to 7:15 pm at our race start / finish location near the intersection of Avondale Avenue and Hurlbut Street, at the southeast corner of Norwood Park. Parking is available along Avondale Avenue (see maps below).
Chicago Full Moon Run 5-Km Featured Event Course Map:
In addition... here's a link that displays our two-lap course layout:
Click for http://goo.gl/maps/qgQBa
"A" marks the location of our Start / Finish.
"B" marks the 1 mile mark, lap one.
"C" marks the 2 mile mark, lap two.
"D" marks the 3 mile mark, lap two.
"E" marks the 5 kilometer mark, finish line.
Note: Mileage markers on the Google map are approximate. If you have the Google Earth plugin installed, you may click the "3D>" button (left-side of split screen) and experience a flyover tour of our course as it tours the picturesque roads of Norwood Park.
Chicago Full Moon Run 1-Mile Lunar Orbit Course Map:
Relive the excitement of past Chicago Full Moon Runs...
Race Results: 2019 Results, 2018 Results, 2017 Results, 2016 Results, 2015 Results, 2014 Results, 2013 Results, 2012 Results
Run Report w/ Photos: 2019 Report, 2018 Report, 2017 Report, 2016 Report, 2015 Report, 2014 Report, 2013 Report, 2012 Report
Our Chicago Full Moon Run is a USA Track & Field sanctioned event. You may visit the USATF website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||January 15th, 2020 2:51 pm|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Chicago Full Moon 5-Km||5.00||Kilometers||Aug 5th, 2020||7:30 pm|
| ||Chicago 1 Mile Lunar Orbit||1.08||Miles||Aug 5th, 2020||7:35 pm|
| ||Chicago Full Moon Race Volunteer||3.00||Hours||Aug 5th, 2020||6:00 pm|
| ||Contribute to our Cause!||1.00||Years||Aug 5th, 2020||7:30 pm|
|Name of Race Director||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Bill Thomfirstname.lastname@example.org||312 316-4698|