|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
|Race Name:||Paleozoic Trail Runs - Ordovician Spring|
|Date:||Saturday March 28th, 2015 - 8:30 am|
|State:||Illinois, United States|
|Website:||http://www.RunRace.net/paleozoic Go there or Go there in new browser|
Paleozoic Trail RunsOrdovician Spring
Spring Season Paleozoic 50-Km and 25-Km
Trail Runs on the Palos Trail System!
Journey back in time to this rollicking run along forested, unpaved paths of our Sag Valley Trail System within the Cook County Forest Preserve - Region 7. We've charted another stimulating course that's sure to satisfy your primordial instinct to "go long." Are you up to the challenge? Choose your distance wisely... take your training seriously... then come race day, "finish or fossilize!"
Please join us for our spring version of Paleozoic Trail Runs : Paleozoic-Ordovician, Saturday March 28, 2015. For your adventure we will provide:
Registration will open on Monday December 22nd 2014, here on our RunRace Network!
- your choice between our ultra distance of 50 kilometers, or our one-lap tour of 25 kilometers
- space for 150 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 150 registrants, which is a total combined count of participants from both events... it's possible that we'll meet capacity, so don't wait too long before committing (hint : )
- chip timing & scoring with instant results published on RunRace.net for all participants
- finisher awards for all participants... that is, those who "did not fossilize"
- awards in both events for top overall, top masters, and top finishers in 10-year age groups for both sexes
- special commemorative awards for first-time ultra finishers (50-Km participants)
- an accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with well-stocked aid stations occruing at ~7.75-mile intervals, plus unmanned station midpoint of course
- our course is approved by the Cook County Forest Preserve (permit
pending approved) and will be policed at its road crossings
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Ordovician Spring, Start / Finish area:
Palos Park Woods-North
11307 Kean Ave
Palos Park, IL 60464
GPS: 41.680282, -87.843872
(approximately 22 miles southwest of downtown Chicago)
Our spring version Paleozoic Trail Runs, Paleo-Ord takes place entirely within the Sag Valley Trail System, Region 7 of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, which is located approximately 22 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. Palos Park Woods-North, Grove #1 serves as race start / finish area and our primary aid station.
A variety of surfaces make up our Paleo-Ord racecourse. Wide crushed gravel paths comprise about 90% of this course. Along the way you may encounter a mix of narrower, more rugged dirt trails, occasional grass segments, and even stretches of choppy erosion. The non-crushed gravel sections can be moderately rocky with an occasional stray root. Compared to most others in greater Chicagoland, our course should be considered as "quite hilly." Trail shoes are recommended, but not necessary, especially if conditions are dry leading up to race day. Our racecourse will be well-marked, with fully stocked aid stations at ~7.75-mile intervals, plus an unmanned / water-only station near midpoint. There will be four (4) road crossings per lap, policed by FPDCC personnel. Each out-n-back lap is 25 kilometers (15.5 miles) in length.
Paleozoic Trail Runs - Ordovician Spring
Our Paleozoic Trail Runs is a USA Track & Field sanctioned event. You may visit the USATF website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||December 13th, 2014 4:56 pm|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Paleo-Ord 50-Km||50.00||Kilometers||Mar 28th, 2015||8:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Ord 25-Km||25.00||Kilometers||Mar 28th, 2015||9:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Ord Volunteer||9.00||Hours||Mar 28th, 2015||7:30 am|
|Name of Race Director||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Bill Thomfirstname.lastname@example.org||312 316-4698 (cell)|