|The information of your selected race is detailed here. Information is posted and managed by race directors. Although information listed here is assumed to be accurate it's a good practice to confirm with a race director or specific race website before planning to attend a race!|
|Race Name:||Paleozoic Trail Runs - Cambrian Spring|
|Date:||Saturday March 22nd, 2014 - 8:30 am|
|Location:||Palos Park, Palos Trail System - Region 7, Cook County|
|State:||Illinois, United States|
|Website:||http://www.RunRace.net/paleozoic Go there or Go there in new browser|
Paleozoic Trail RunsCambrian Spring
Spring Season Paleo-Camb 50-Km and 25-Km
Trail Runs on the Palos Trail System!
Journey back in time to this rollicking run along forested, unpaved paths of our Palos Trail System within the Cook County Forest Preserve - Region 7. We've charted a stimulating course that's sure to satisfy your primordial instinct to "go long." Are you up to the challenge? Choose your distance wisely... take your training seriously... then come race day, "finish or fossilize!"
Please join us for our spring version of Paleozoic Trail Runs : Paleozoic-Carboniferous, Saturday March 22, 2014. For your adventure we will provide:
Registration is now open... click the "Registration" tab above to submit yours!
- your choice between our ultra distance of 50 kilometers, or our one-lap tour of 25 kilometers
- space for 150 eager runners... permit restrictions limit race participation to the first 150 registrants, which is a total combined count of participants from both events... it's possible that we'll meet capacity, so don't wait too long before committing (hint : )
- chip timing & scoring with instant results published on RunRace.net for all participants
- finisher awards for all participants... that is, those who "did not fossilize"
- awards in both events for top-two overall, top-two masters, and top finishers in 10-year age groups for both sexes
- an accurately measured, clearly-marked course, with well-stocked aid stations occruing at ~7.75-mile intervals, plus unmanned station midpoint of course
- our course is approved by the Cook County Forest Preserve (permit
pending approved) and will be policed at its two road-crossings
Interactive Map to our spring version Paleozoic Trail Runs, Paleo-Camb - Start / Finish area:
Palos Park Woods-North
Palos Park, IL 60464
(approximately 22 miles southwest of downtown Chicago)
View larger Map in new browser window
Interactive Course Map with GPS details... take a virtual tour of our Paleo-Camb Trail Runs race course:
View larger Map in new browser window
|Our spring version Paleozoic Trail Runs, Paleo-Camb race course lies entirely within the Palos Trail System, Region 7 of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, which is located approximately 22 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. Palos Park Woods-North, Grove #1 serves as race start / finish area and our primary aid station. |
Our Paleo-Camb racecourse makes use of the Yellow and Green Trail system, which is almost completely comprised of wide crushed gravel paths. Compared to most others in greater Chicagoland our course should be considered as "quite hilly." Trail shoes are recommended, but not necessary, especially if conditions are dry leading up to race day. The course will be well-marked, with fully stocked aid stations at ~7.75-mile intervals, plus an unmanned / water-only station at midpoint of our course. There will be four (4) street crossings per lap, policed by FPDCC personnel. Each lap is 25 kilometers (15.5 miles) in length.
Our Paleozoic Trail Runs is a USA Track & Field sanctioned event. You may visit the USATF website by clicking either logo image.
|Posted:||November 29th, 2013 4:50 pm|
|Last Update:||March 20th, 2014 12:46 pm|
|Event Information||For multiple Member Events:|
|Name of Event||Distance||Measurement||Date||Start Time||Relay Members||Team Members|
| ||Paleo-Camb 50-Km||50.00||Kilometers||Mar 22nd, 2014||8:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Camb 25-Km||25.00||Kilometers||Mar 22nd, 2014||9:30 am|
| ||Paleo-Camb Race Volunteer||8.00||Hours||Mar 22nd, 2014||7:30 am|
|Name of Race Director||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Bill Thomemail@example.com||312 316-4698|